Exceptional arm? Ya, think?

Little over the top with the silly drama, analogies and metaphors don't you think? 

I know it's (probably, to some members) heresy to say this here and I am NOT trying to incite a flame war or a troll, BUT, there are many arms far better than the original AR and can be had for close to the same money as your ePay ad, used, if you are patient and shop wisely

The AR was the King of it's class FOR WHAT IT WAS in it'sday

Now , if you needed that arm for a museum quality restoration or the like then that's another conversation which I fully appreciate

A lot of the passion for the (original) AR turntable is nostalgia

Is it a good table?  Hell yes.  But in it's STOCK form is it a a very very good to great table

No - and primarily for me is that your cartridge options are limited in stock form (I'm a low output moving coil guy)

Those are my feelings on it and I have owned serviced restored repaired and sold MANY turntable over the years from more than a few manufacturers, including ARs

Anyone who disagrees with me, that's fine and I respect your opinions

But I'm saying to you, don't let it get you down (unless you just needed the arm badly for some project)

There's better (tonearms for reasonable money) to be had

Craig  

Plus, it's just the arm tube and the seller is clearly a scrounger/flipper (nothing wrong with that)

I looked at the original ad in context

The hard to find (and expensive parts) the head shell and the counterweight don't even appear to be part of the sale

For all you know it's a damaged or defective tube some AR dealer replaced under warranty ages ago

Like old vacuum tubes in new boxes

I'd have never paid a hundred bucks for that arm tube unless I knew a heck of a lot more about it background wise - like him being able to produce a sales receipt and then I'd be skeptical without a hands on inspection - and only then if I needed it for a first class all original restoration project (that someone else was footing the bill for)

Who bought a replacement arm tube for their AR, back in the day, just to have a "spare" on hand?

Whole story doesn't ring true 

I don't think you missed out on anything

Craig

Archived