Advent/1 vs New Large Advents

Ryanj52

I bought my first pair of Advent speakers about 6 months ago as a project they are a pair of Advent/1 that needed to be refoamed.  I actually bought them specifically to try and refoam a set of speakers.  I refoamed them and was really surprised how great they sounded.  So since then I have been researching Advent speakers and decided I wanted to pickup some Large Advents when I could find some locally.  Well tonight I found some New Large Advents for cheap that need a refoam that I am picking up tomorrow.  I started wondering since the NLA's and the Advent/1's use the same or very similar speakers how much difference is there in the sound with the larger cabinet? What really is the difference? 

Thanks Ryan

The New Advents and Advent/1's DO use identical drivers. Different crossovers.

The basic difference between the two models is that the New Advents will have about another octave lower output than the Advent/1's. In other words, more bass.

Doug

I have a pair of Advent/1's and NLA's and I was quite surprised by how little the /1 

gives up in bass extension.  I've not compared them side by side but the /1's are

surprisingly good, one of my favorites.

I hope that you compare yours side by side and let us know.

Archived