WTB: Acoustic Research "D01-0009" 8" driver,

jason4300

Hi Jason

What's the dog damage? Is it just the foam surround? If so, Fido may have done you a favor because those foams are probably shot anyway. Get new foams and fix them yourself or if you prefer send the drivers to Bill LeGall at Millersound and he'll fix 'em good as new.

Another possibility: Those are Audiovox (now Voxx International) speakers. Maybe try contacting them for a new driver. https://contactforhelp.com/audiovox-customer-service/

-Kent

Kent,

Outside of the cosmetic damage, the surround seems to be the only issue and you're right, these are close to 20 years old and are due. I currently have the driver on the work bench to add a new surround. That being said, if I can find another driver or two for a reasonable price(the sold listings on ebay are fairly cheap), I'd like to, just to not be reminded that my dog hates me whenever I look at my speakers.

• 1 month later...

Still looking for one of these.

After getting the speakers back up and running with new foams, I decided to start facing them towards the wall when not in use. My fiance on the other hand didn't feel this was necessary. I just woke up to find the driver completely destroyed with not a shred of the cone left. Any ideas for a replacement 8" driver that wouldn't involve reworking the crossover would also be appreciated.

Archived