LMR replacement AR90

DavidR

Being big on spare parts I've been acquiring spare drivers for my AR90's. I've been successful with all drivers except the LMR p/n 200027-0. They seem to get swiped up quickly on eBay.

I've parted out (3) AR94 speakers. The full range/mid drivers are the ones that came in the AR9LS p/n 2100450B. The woofers used p/n 2100370 and look more like the 200027-0 LMR.

Can I assume these 8 inch drivers are all pretty much the same? Which would be the better replacement to use (should I ever need to)?

I believe the first generation of the AR94's actually used the 200027-0 LMR as the midrange.  But, that version of the 94 seems to be a bit rare.  Here's the system drawing showing the parts. 

AR94-Drawing027.thumb.jpg.38930e81acf12677c58bdf859f23761f.jpg

Also, I had some notes where I found the AR/Tonegan 1210045-0 woofers were also a replacement.  It's another possibility, I suppose.

Finally, I found a pair of AR18 woofers, on eBay, in excellent shape.  When I got them, their impedance was the same as my AR90 LMR's.  The only physical difference seemed to be the black 'rubber' dust cap.  I'm planning on testing them in my 90's, once they're up and running again!

You are correct Stimpy but they also used 8" drivers they had 'on the shelf'. Seems there are many iterations of drivers used in that speaker. The three I picked up had the two 8" drivers I referenced.

I attached a pic of the (2) 8" drivers I have.

128_2841.JPG

Archived