ADVENT CABINETS COMPARISON!!!

ITCHIJO

NEXT QUESTION, PLEASE??? FIRST LET ME THANK MY DIEHARD ADVENT BROTHERS!!! IN TRYING TO SALVAGE A BASKET CASE OF JENSEN ADVENT SPEAKER CABINETS. I AM CURIOUS TO HEAR IF USING THE OLD SCHOOL FRIED EGG TWEETERS AND THEIR ORIGINAL CROSSOVERS, IN THE NEWER JENSEN ADVENT CABINETS IS A SMART MOVE??? WILL THE QUALITY PERFORMANCE BE EQUAL TO USING THE ORIGINAL ADVENT CABINETS FROM GOOD OL' HENRY??? THANKS!!! "ITCHIJO"

DOUG: I THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFO!!! SO, THE #4002 JENSEN ADVENT CABINETS ARE A NO GO??? AND IF SO WHAT WOULD BE MY BEST MOVE FROM SENDING THEM DOWN THE ROAD??? I WOULD LIKE TO PUT THEM INTO PLAY WITH ANOTHER SET THAT JUST NEEDS THE NEW SURROUNDS. THANKS AGAIN!!! "ITCHIJO"

As in the other thread, as long as you use drivers appropriate for the cabinet size, you'll be OK. Acoustic suspension speakers are not that critical that the cabinet be exactly the same, volume wise. The drivers for the earlier Advent/1 will work for you.

Doug

I think that with their smaller size but only slightly reduced bass extension the 

Advent/1's are really remarkable speakers.  I like them more than the Small Advent.

Archived