Are Allison 1" Convex Diaphragm Tweeters interchangable in the CD Speaker Series?

JamSessions

32 minutes ago, JamSessions said:

Ooh, too bad. I grabbed one thinking it would work. What will happen if I connect it to my allison 7?

The two way tweeter has ferrofluid cooling and such handles more power and broader frequency response.

The three way tweeter from the A2 is cooled with silicone grease that may spatter out of the gap and fail if overdriven in a two way system without a midrange driver.

You Could get away with using a two way Allison tweeter in a 3 way system, but not the reverse, which unfortunately, is what you need.

Bill

28 minutes ago, JamSessions said:

My current tweeter cone has a tear... Would it be possible to take the cone from the CD2 and replace my torn cone on my CD7? The tweeter still works, however the tear in the cone causes it to buzz at times.

There are folks here with greater tenacity than I who have removed, and repaired/replaced those tweeter domes.

If it's not crushed, I would just seal the tear with glue rather than surgery.

If that doesn't kill the buzz. Then removal is next. You should go back to some older threads here and I believe you'll find some who have done that chore.

Bill

Archived