The Classic Speaker Pages

tysontom

Thanks Tom!

For those of you wondering about the downtime, the server crashed in a big way. This was not a planned event, so a warning wasn't possible. I was unable to get it running again after replacing a variety of parts. This situation was made more difficult due to my recent move from California to Massachusetts. I left the server in California to avoid downtime, and Murphy's Law took over from there.

I now have a new server that I anticipate will run for a very long time, since it has lots of redundancy - 2 processors, 3 power supplies, and 6 hard drives. All services (email, file transfer, etc.) are back online. I've had to get some help getting the database that drives the forums back up and running. Still some minor things to work out.

Mark

"...and welcome to the East Coast."

Hey Mark,

You must've really missed all the snow, being in California. I'm glad we were able to re-introduce you to the pleasures of winter in Massachusetts. 50 degrees today. SIX degrees predicted for Saturday. Might as well stay home, enjoy a single-malt, and listen to Miles on your 303's.

Seriously, it's great to see things up and running again.

Steve F.

Apparently Murphy has my number.

Last Wednesday morning the server was fine. About an hour later at Logan I tried to login and the server appeared down. I was on my way out on a business trip, so I just got things back online today.

Anyway, the server itself was (and is) fine. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary, so I rebooted the router this morning. Immediately after, I could connect again.

So now I have a new router on the shopping list!

Mark

Mark !

Good to have you and the CSP back. Look at all the people who discovered the forum was up within a couple of days !

Looks like a lot of us need the forum visits like Linus needs his blanket.

Bret

Hi George,

Thanks for the offer of assistance!

Don't worry though, I have no problem spending money to keep the website up. It's really just been significant bad luck lately.

For those of you that have donated, thank you. Donating to the website is in no way required, but I very much appreciate it.

Mark

Archived