Allison AL-110/115 tweeter question

JerryS

12 hours ago, ed o said:

I bought my Allison 110's probably 1984. No screen over the tweeter.  My then two year old son managed to get his hands on one, pull off the cover, and poke his finger in the tweeter dome.  I wrote Allison protesting the ease with which the two year old accessed the tweeter.  I got a letter back signed by Roy, suggesting that I glue small blocks of wood to the front panel, and then put screws through the cover into the wood.  He included an order form for replacement tweeters. Perhaps I was responsible for a design change....

Ed

Kids poking anything and everything into speakers is an age old story. Seen many speakers in stores with display models mashed in by kids with nothing better to do I suppose.

Needless to say it’s the responsibility of the parents to keep curiosity in check and that can’t always be done.

Allison tried one thing before the screens that did little to help. That was the pins on the bezels of the last tweeters before the screens. 
I had original Allison’s for 35 years before my newest versions and never once had one with a dent.