Repairing the 3a mid.....

lakecat

I recently acquired a set of 3a mids. During shipping, one has the screen over the driver knocked loose on a section of it. It still plays fine but I am trying to think of a way to reattach that screen without it looking too bad. Can the substance that the screen sets in be heated and screen reset in it?

Anyone have this trouble before and fixed it decently? Thanks for any reply........pics included..

I wouldn't risk damaging the dome and it's outer edge by applying heat in that area to soften the black stuff. I'd just get one of those 2 part syringe based epoxy kits sold in hardware and grocery stores. Mix a batch nearby and dab it on the screen all around the edge and set it in place and leave it for a couple of days.

I wouldn't risk damaging the dome and it's outer edge by applying heat in that area to soften the black stuff. I'd just get one of those 2 part syringe based epoxy kits sold in hardware and grocery stores. Mix a batch nearby and dab it on the screen all around the edge and set it in place and leave it for a couple of days.

Thanks Carl..... I went ahead and put Gorilla Impact Tough Super glue around it and clamped it for the night. Not an epoxy but will see how it works....the stuff is super sticky and dries tough. Will try the epoxy if it doesn't work.....:) Weird that my pics didn't show...had it all set up in preview and all.....

Archived