Where's the Altec listing?

I have often wondered why Altec is'nt listed in the forum. There has to be a large following for Altec due to the prices their old gear gets on auctions on the mighty e- bay. Maybe there is a way of measuring interest for an Altec forum- just a thought.

Pretty simple actually .. I don't have any information on Altec's, so I never created a section on the website or in these discussion forums. All I need is the suggestion however and it will probably happen!

So are Altec and Altec-Lansing the same brand of speaker? What should I name the discussion forum section? I'll create the forum right away, but I can't really create a section on the website until I have some good information to post .. manuals, upgrade advice, pictures of various models, schematics, etc.

Anyone have these for Altec/Altec-Lansing?

thanks!

Mark

• 1 year later...

You can get a lot of scoop on old Altec gear especially in the Library section of www.audioheritage.org.

Fine art and fine music - what could be finer www.barnesroberts.com

• 4 months later...

An Altec listing would be great if there's a following in this group. I have a pair of Altec Lansing Vanencias (1975), and although they're a fabulous sounding speaker system, they're large, to the dismay of my wife. No finer system made, though, in my opinion.

I still have not received any classic Altec information, therefore no Altec section on the website or in these forums.

As a side note however, my dad (author of a couple of the crossover schematics here) recently sent me a quick blurb on Altec:

"BTW, Altec Lansing still lives. It's on Rt 6 in Milford, PA. This is located right at the point where NY, NJ, and PA intersect which is in NE corner of PA. There are no remnants of original "Altec" stuff in the building.......I looked....sad."

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very good friend named Don Milks. Couple of years ago he was working for Altec up in Milford. He was with Adcom as senior service tech prior to that, and he is with Onkyo now. Anyhoo, he told me while he was with the company, that multi-media was their bread and butter, and that any hope of Altec-Lansing making REAL speakers again, was a long shot. Another way computers have "affected" our lives.

Toasted Almond

Archived