LST woofer

xmas111

Just a quick question for you guys.

Does the woofer in the LST shown in the picture look like an original that the LST would come with.

It looks like a much older style woofer that was used in the 3a's (and maybe others I don't know).

Also it looks like a new version of the LST with the rear wired mids and tweets, which also makes beleive it's not the original woofer.

Anyway, thanks for any info you guys can give me.

John

post-102118-0-07179800-1363123252_thumb.

That woofer looks like an AR-3 or early AR-3a woofer. AFAIK, the LST's never had anything but a foam surround woofer, but that doesn't mean this could be a suitable replacement. Could be an interesting hybrid.....?

But .... I'm a bit out of my league - - - not sure why I am telling you about AR-LST's. Your excellent restoration works makes you one of the resident experts.

ra.ra is correct. It is a 3 or 3a woofer. It will not be exactly the same as the ceramic magnet, foam surround woofer original to the LST, but will most likely perform acceptably. It works well as a drop in replacement for the later AR-3a, so there shouldn't be any significant issues in the LST.

Roy

Archived