finished the ar4x,s

ironlake

Finally got the excessively doped cloth surrounds on my 4x woofers refoamed and both tweeters matched with no gloss stuff on either of them. Also got a completely restored Marantz 2226b receiver for them,. I do all fm listinening on mn public radio and wow does this system sound fantastic. Of course it is all classical music but that is what I love the ars for. that marantz amp only has 26 watts per channel but my god can it put out power and can the 4s take it, At a measured 100 db in the den the speakers were still clean and the deep bass was ausome especially on organ, they never had that low bass before on the preciously smeared surrounds by someone else. Now I am temped to get a high power marantz rebuilt for my ar 3as.

I sent them in to just speakers and they cut out the cloth and replaced them with foam. Looks just like new and really made the deep bass come out. Before with all the shinny crap on the cloth surrounds the where very boomy with no low bass output.

That sounds super. I love how the Marantz 22XX receivers sound. I have a 2230 that used to do daily driver service with a pair of DCM Timewindows. Had a 2218 that I think looks more like your 2226. I fixed that up, put new lamps in it and it was a surprising performer. Even that little guy put out prett decent power. That souns like a fantastic set up and I bet you'll enjoy it for years. Congrats!

Yes and it looks great too, got the wood case for the marantz refinished in oiled walnut and had both the speakers lightly sanded and refinished with classic ars kit. also new grill cloth and new ar badges. all looks brand new. I have many visitors wonder where they can get ar 4x,s and I tell the to check ebay. the big thing most people can;t believe the large sound the little ars put out. most wives give their blessings to the small speakers.

Archived