Moderators?!

stuckinthe70s

When I come across that I click the REPORT at the bottom of the post and tell them you think it's spam. I just did it on your thread. What is interesting is it says that the poster has 16 posts. I wonder where the rest will show up.

PS Nice score on the Janszens.

I found some more in another thread. I reported those to. It shouldn't take long for them to get cleaned up.

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Yes, it's visible to others.

Gene and Carl are volunteers who work to maintain this forum out of their love for the subject matter. It is up to all of us to be vigilant and when these spam attacks pop up, just do as Harry said and report it (instead of griping).

In all fairness, I'm sure you did not notice the "report" button but now you know.

Kent

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Yes, it's visible to others.

Gene and Carl are volunteers who work to maintain this forum out of their love for the subject matter. It is up to all of us to be vigilant and when these spam attacks pop up, just do as Harry said and report it (instead of griping).

In all fairness, I'm sure you did not notice the "report" button but now you know.

Kent

Sorry if it appeared that my knickers were in a knot, they weren't. And it wasn't my intent to be griping to the board, but rather posted as a question due to not understanding why the garbage suddenly showed up, and more than once. And you are correct, I did not notice the "report" link at the bottom. I also was not aware of who the board moderators are, I have no complaints with them at all. Now I know more about how the system works.

Kent is correct about being vigilant about reporting obvious spammers using the reporting button. The site has been hit heavily recently. It happens from time. It is very important to NOT click on any links contained in the spam posts. They might contain malware.

The mods will be working in the near future to strengthen the vetting system for new members.

Archived