Connecting KLH Model Six's

akisch

I got my hands on some old Model 6 speakers at a garage sale and i'm trying to connect them to my onkyo receiver. The panel in the back has three connectors - A, B and C. I'm far from an expert - can someone direct me the best way to connect these so i don't blow anything up?

Many thanks!

Connect the two terminals that are right next to each other together. The speaker originally came with a manufactured removable link but that's unimportant, a short length of wire works just as well. Connect that to the red plus side of your receiver's speaker output. the other one on the opposite side of the tweeter level switch gets connected to the black minus side of your receiver. The link is there in case you want to bi-amplify or bi-wire the woofer and tweeter separately. That is not necessary.

Soundminded is correct. Here's the Model Six manual if you want more info: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/klh/klh_6_klh_model_six/klh_6_manual/

Your jumper wire should be connected to terminals B and C.

Kent

Thanks guys! I think that's what i originally did without success, but i'll give it another shot and hope for the best.

When you say "without success", what do you mean? If you mean that you're not getting anything out of the tweeters then you may have an internal problem, either bad caps (likely) or dead tweeters (less likely).

John

• 1 month later...

Archived