Repairing KHL Model 5's And Need Copy Of Owner's Manual

steel20

I recently obtained a pair of my dad's KLH model 5's and am in the process of restoring them, with the great help from this wonderful website, and other sources. I would really like to have a copy of the original owner's manual for these fine products, but I have not yet been able to locate one. Does anyone know where I might be able to obtain the manual, or make suggestions/have ideas where I might go to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help here....Burt

The KLH "owner's manuals" weren't much. I have a copy of the manual for top-of-the-line Model Twelve, essentially the same speaker as the Five but in a bigger box and with an external crossover/contour box. It's a typewritten, mimeographed 4-page leaflet, mostly devoted to explaining the contour boxes. If there is an owner's manual for the Fives floating around it probably won't tell you anything you don't already know.

I do have some lit fro the Fives. If you send me a PM with your email address I can send you some scans.

Have fun with the restoration and ask any questions. The Fives are wonderful speakers--as good as the revered AR3a IMHO. Replace the caps AND resistors and be sure to test the woofers for a proper seal. Re-doping the woofers on mine with some of Roy's toxic surround sealer made a world of difference.

Kent

Archived