Pair of ar 90 for sale

ironlake

I have a chance to pick up from original owner a mint pair of 90s for 600 bucks. The speakers are all original and all look perfect. Would you trust the foam on the woofers to still be good. I know the foam on my original advent heritages is still perfect and they are fairly old. Just looking for advice. I would run them with my 3as as a double system as once yout get used to that wall of sound you are spoild and one speaker just does not do it any more. Thanks for any advice.

the only way I'd guess AR woofs from that era would still have decent original surrounds is if they were sealed in a vacuum for the last 30 years....

if they have not been refoamed/recapped, $600 seems a little high to me, but if they are in great condition otherwise with original drivers it might be worth it...I'd probably try talk them down to $400-500.

Yes the 600.00 ar 90 are on craigs list for Minneapolis. I emailed them to see if anything has been done to the speakes in the line of foam or caps but have not received and answer, I suspect nothing has been done to themm, but they do look new. Anybody else want them go ahead I am going to pass,

Ironlake,

The foams in the pictures sure look good. I agree though, if they haven't been replaced, they will need new ones. I also noticed that there is a pair of AR9's in the Mpls CL now. They are asking $550, but they will need foams.

I had my AR9's done at Midwest Speaker Repair in Roseville. It cost $230.

-Joel

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised how much bigger the AR9 is than the 90. I think it is only an inch or so deeper, but it is over 12 inches taller. It doesn't sound like much, but side by side, the AR9 is quite a bit more imposing. Also, the AR9 outweighs the 90 by about 40 pounds.

As far as getting them into a car- that would depend on the car. It would take a least a mid-size car to handle either speaker.

-Joel

Archived