Newbie RCA Adapter Question

Hi,

total n00b to speakers, wires, adapters, etc. Purchased an Audio Technica AT-PL60 turntable which has male RCA plugs. Came across a pair of speakers with only speaker wire in the back, so I need an adapter. I found this:

http://www.abt.com/product/47013/Kicker-09ZISL.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

which looks perfect, EXCEPT it's got two male adapters, and I need two females. Can someone help me find an speaker wire>rca female adapter??

Thank you!

Welcome Noob ;)

Can you explain exactly what you are trying to do? I don't know what kind of adapter that is, but it's for a car. To make your turntable play through your speakers, you need an amplifier (or receiver). The TT plugs into the amp, then you run speaker wires from amp to speakers.

What speakers are you using?

That particular TT will also plug into a computer via USB and you can play it through your computer speakers.

An advantage to the Audio Technica AT-PL60 is that it has a built-in phono pre-amp, so you can use it with an amp that only has an "Aux" input. Most TTs have to be fed into a Phono input.

Does this help?

Kent

Hi,

total n00b to speakers, wires, adapters, etc. Purchased an Audio Technica AT-PL60 turntable which has male RCA plugs. Came across a pair of speakers with only speaker wire in the back, so I need an adapter. I found this:

http://www.abt.com/product/47013/Kicker-09ZISL.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

which looks perfect, EXCEPT it's got two male adapters, and I need two females. Can someone help me find an speaker wire>rca female adapter??

Thank you!

Hi there

I don't know what you are saying about the turntable connections and the speakers as they do not connect together.

Turntables do not plug into speakers direct, they need some pre and power amplification.

Unless the speakers are self powered.

Turntables in North America have used the male phono plug standard for decades.

Speakers in the lower price ranges have used screw connections, wires out of a hole and female phono connections, I've missed a few others, I'm sure.

If you need a female to female phono connector, the dollar stores carry them.

Archived