Norman lab model 200 speakers

I have a pair of Norman Lab speakers that I purchased in the late 80's in Little Rock, AR. The model # on the back of these says 200. I have searched the itnernet and have not seen any information on this model. I believe they are also called book shelve speakers. They have an 8in subwoofer. The foam surround ( or maybe it's called the diaphram) is all broken and needs to be replaced. Can i order this and do it myself? Any other options for reparing these speakers? Thanks.

I have a pair of Norman Lab speakers that I purchased in the late 80's in Little Rock, AR. The model # on the back of these says 200. I have searched the itnernet and have not seen any information on this model. I believe they are also called book shelve speakers. They have an 8in subwoofer. The foam surround ( or maybe it's called the diaphram) is all broken and needs to be replaced. Can i order this and do it myself? Any other options for reparing these speakers? Thanks.

Hi James and welcome!

First--a housekeeping thing. There is a section here for "other speakers" and that would be the appropriate place to discuss Norman. There are a few other posts there regarding these speakers.

edit: Ah! Looks like Gene moved it.

Second--yes, it is called the foam surround and yes, youcan either buy a kit to DIY or pay someone else to do it, depending on how you feel about the project.

Two good places for speaker repair are Millersound in PA nad Carl's Custom Loudspeakers in CT. Google them.

If you want to do it yourself, my favorite source is M_Sound. I'll put a link to his website. There you will see instructions on how to measure, and also step-by-step instructions on how to do the job. You can email him and you will find he is quite helpful.

here's the link: http://www.citlink.net/~msound/

Kent

Archived