ADVENT REFOAM

DON

Alright......I've been talking to myself a lot here :) but I have a question or two. I'm refoaming some 25th Anniversary Advents. The foam lip on these was glued to the back side of the cone. I have two other Advents and the foam lip is glued to the front of the cone. I have been told by someone whom I have confidence in which way is correct but I'd really like to hear what others have experienced when refoaming the Advent Speaker. Thanks for your help.

The correct way for the masonite woofers is:

Inside surround flange in front of the cone flange.

Outside surround flange behind masonite ring.

Roll concave

The correct way for all metal woofers is:

Inside surround flange behind the cone flange.

Outside surround flange in front of edge on frame (it's the only way it will work).

Roll convex.

If anybody else tells you different, they are wrong.

\:^)

Doug

The correct way for the masonite woofers is:

Inside surround flange in front of the cone flange.

Outside surround flange behind masonite ring.

Roll concave

The correct way for all metal woofers is:

Inside surround flange behind the cone flange.

Outside surround flange in front of edge on frame (it's the only way it will work).

Roll convex.

If anybody else tells you different, they are wrong.

\:^)

Doug

Thanks Doug. That's what I was told but on the speakers I have with a metal flange someone has put the foam lip behind the cone. Probably didn't want to clean all the glue residue off.

Thanks Doug. That's what I was told but on the speakers I have with a metal flange someone has put the foam lip behind the cone. Probably didn't want to clean all the glue residue off.

If it is an all-metal (no masonite ring) woofer, the foam lip does go behind the cone.

Doug

Archived