Information on PS 225 (Performance Series)

jsnichols2

Hi,

I'm new to the forums & had a question about the Performance Series speakers. I realize that these are not exactly vintage or top line models, but I was wondering if someone could help me with pricing/selling information. I currently own a PS 225 center channel speaker (made circa 2000 I think) and have an interested buyer. I need advice on a selling price. The speaker is in good condition with minimal scratches/scuffs, with some wear on the cloth grill thanks to my cats. Any info is greatly appreciated, as it is very difficult to find anything in a general web search. Thanks!!!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

Welcome to CSP.

But you're right--this is not exactly the forum for your question. A quick google search indicates these were sold for about $85 new. Normally, 1/2 the original price might be fair, but with the scratches & scuffs, and the damage to the grille cloth caused by the cats, I think maybe less. Has the interested party made an offer?

Kent

Thank you for the information, Kent. I am waiting for the potential buyer's response in regard to an offer, but I have a better idea of where to start. Thanks again.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

Welcome to CSP.

But you're right--this is not exactly the forum for your question. A quick google search indicates these were sold for about $85 new. Normally, 1/2 the original price might be fair, but with the scratches & scuffs, and the damage to the grille cloth caused by the cats, I think maybe less. Has the interested party made an offer?

Kent

Archived