KLH Model Five +/- Connections

Nerida

Hi there,

I'm hooking up these speakers that have been in my family since '75, I believe. I copied a picture I found on this site that looks exactly like the back of my speakers.

Will someone please identify which terminal I connect the positive and negative speaker to?

I'm no techie but, I would like to know I getting these speakers hooked up right!

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Nerida

Hi Nerida and welcome to CSP!

I think there were 2 ways of marking the terminals on the Five. Some were marked "GND" and "8 Ohm". That's obvious. The others were "1" and "2". Not so obvious. According to one schematic, "1" is 8 ohm and "2" is ground. OTOH, it doesn't really matter in a 2-channel stereo setup as long as the wiring is consistent (you could reverse + and - as long as you did that on BOTH speakers).

Enjoy those speakers! They are terrific!

Oh, if they don't sound terrific it's a problem with the crossover. Capacitors and/or resistors. If so, ask for help and we'll provide it. In the meantime, here's a thread on recapping the Fives

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/index.php?showtopic=5111&st=0&p=77160&hl=+klh%20+five%20+crossover&fromsearch=1entry77160

Kent

ooops. Just noticed your other post, with the photo. And the answer.

Archived