New Tweeter For AR-4xa, AR-8 or AR-6

fromwm

Has anyone found a tweeter which works well and fits into the tweeter cutout of an AR-4ax, AR-8 or AR-6? The AR tweeter frame is 3 1/2" and the cutout for the magnet is about 2 1/4".

I noticed new tweeters for the AR-4x on eBay, in addition to original replacements, but not for these.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

Has anyone found a tweeter which works well and fits into the tweeter cutout of an AR-4ax, AR-8 or AR-6? The AR tweeter frame is 3 1/2" and the cutout for the magnet is about 2 1/4".

I noticed new tweeters for the AR-4x on eBay, in addition to original replacements, but not for these.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

The 4x tweeter replacement candidate you saw on Ebay is available from Parts Express in a 4 and 8 ohm version for nearly $10 less than the Ebay listing.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=270-250

Nobody is offering a satisfactory replacement for the AR-6 type tweeter at this time. I'm currently working with Ebay's "Vintage AR" to see if an easy-to-install modern replacement can be adapted to the many AR models using that tweeter.

Roy

The 4x tweeter replacement candidate you saw on Ebay is available from Parts Express in a 4 and 8 ohm version for nearly $10 less than the Ebay listing.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=270-250

Nobody is offering a satisfactory replacement for the AR-6 type tweeter at this time. I'm currently working with Ebay's "Vintage AR" to see if an easy-to-install modern replacement can be adapted to the many AR models using that tweeter.

Roy

I just noticed one for an AR-4xa is for sale on eBay for $50 "untested" and sold "as-is" which makes this item questionable. Hopefully an easy-to-install modern replacement will soon surface. Thanks again.

I just noticed one for an AR-4xa is for sale on eBay for $50 "untested" and sold "as-is" which makes this item questionable. Hopefully an easy-to-install modern replacement will soon surface. Thanks again.

That one looks pretty rough for the price...

Roy

Archived