Selling Vintage Speaker Collection

fixtillbroke

I've decided to sell my collection of speakers and offer a few electronic pieces too. I figure I'll start here and work my way down to CL and EB. I will be happy to send along photos of any of the speakers but I do not have them ready to post with this writing.

1. Cizek Model I's The original foam grills are intact with only minimal damage. The foam on the baffle is completely gone The walnut veneer is in beautiful shape. Refoamed woofers. Original Peerless tweets. Original crossover. Badges are lost. Bill of sale, brochures, Letter from Roy Cizek, original packing boxes. I bought these at Eardrum in Harvard Square in 1976 and they've been moved once. $200

2. AR 4a These are old enough that they have the rolled cloth surrounds and are in plywood cabinets. The walnut veneer is quite good and recently refinished. Badges for both speakers. Grill cloth intact but not great. $50

3. KLH Model Twenty audio system. Missing dust cover. Turntable needs adjustment. FM great. Speakers (Model 17's) need replacement capacitors. Wood for the speakers and turntable/receiver base recently refinished. $50

4. Dynaco A25's Woodwork very good, small nick, but no stains or peeling. Badges are lost. Grill cloth is intact but has some holes and stains. $125

5. Genesis Model II Recently refoamed. Grills and Badges very good. $50

6. CSW Ensemble II and two CSW Center Channel speakers $100

7. AR integrated amplifier not working. Recovered theft (thanks to the Hull Police Department of 1975) This is what I used on my Cizeks when they were new. I left it on by mistake for over a week when I was out of town, and since then it produces a pop sound every 30sec. I've never taken it in for repairs, I just bought something else to use and put it away for later. I've seen these get over $200 on EB but they were pretty and worked.

I have a few pairs of raw drivers that I've refoamed, and two of orphan speakers.

[

2. AR 4a These are old enough that they have the rolled cloth surrounds and are in plywood cabinets. The walnut veneer is quite good and recently refinished. Badges for both speakers. Grill cloth intact but not great. $50

HI

I can't find any info on the 4A, I can find info on the 4, and 4x. Can you help?

thanks

Glen

[

HI

I can't find any info on the 4A, I can find info on the 4, and 4x. Can you help?

thanks

Glen

Thank you Glen for your correction. I should have unpacked the speakers and taken a look. These are simply AR 4. The model numbers are not sequential but legit, F-18567 and F-17995. After I refinished the wood I stopped running them and had them in storage at my home.

A testimonial:

I picked up a few pair of speakers from fixtillbroke today, and I'll tell you that he tends to: 1) underestimate the quality of his gear, and 2) gives a wealth of information up front before the sale.

I received a ton of photos showing every inch of the speakers and even a video proving the drivers were good. He takes extremely good care of his gear, it's obvious when you see it. When he pulled up in the van, everything was boxed and/or wrapped for transport, it was awesome.

I'm listening to the Cizeks right now, and they are beautiful.

His stuff is good, he is a very nice guy and the deal was honest as the day is long.

Thanks!

Bill

Hepcatwilly is too kind. The same should be said about him. A very serious collector and preservationist. Honest, humble and honorable. Now the owner of 1., 2., and 5. I am very fortunate to have been able to find a person like him through this keyboard, screen, and internet subscription that continues to amaze me.

• 1 month later...

Archived