Cost of TSW 910

Supercooper188

What do you all think a comparable pair of TSW-910's would cost today? I think they were around $2,000 when they were new.

You can Google "1990-2009 inflation" and find that $2000 1990 dollars would be about $3,334 today.

You can Google "1990-2009 inflation" and find that $2000 1990 dollars would be about $3,334 today.

The inflation calculator that I used returned a value of $3224, same ballpark.

Of course, this assumes that you feel the performance of the 910's was commensurate with their original asking price. Some might feel that the 910's were a bargain of sorts--a real no-holds-barred speaker at far less than the ultimate price.

Others may feel that the 910's were little more than formulaic, marketing-driven products sized and configured to fill a pre-determined marketing niche ("Hey, boys: We need a double 12" floorstander, big, you know, to harken back to the glory days of the original 9's. Give me some sketches by Monday.")

Personally, I am virtually certain the above line is a very close approximation of how they came into being, but I think their sound and engineering execution was pretty darn good nonetheless.

Steve F.

The inflation calculator that I used returned a value of $3224, same ballpark.

Of course, this assumes that you feel the performance of the 910's was commensurate with their original asking price. Some might feel that the 910's were a bargain of sorts--a real no-holds-barred speaker at far less than the ultimate price.

Others may feel that the 910's were little more than formulaic, marketing-driven products sized and configured to fill a pre-determined marketing niche ("Hey, boys: We need a double 12" floorstander, big, you know, to harken back to the glory days of the original 9's. Give me some sketches by Monday.")

Personally, I am virtually certain the above line is a very close approximation of how they came into being, but I think their sound and engineering execution was pretty darn good nonetheless.

Steve F.

Personally I like the 910's over the AR9 and AR90's, but I guess everybody has their favorites. I think the 910's have a great sound and presence.

Archived