Dynaco A25 Rehab

Shacky

This is my second pair of A25's. Decided to try some additional mods while recapping and replacing bad woofer. I recapped ussing Solens caps but also added some nice Russian Millitary .047 PIO bypass caps, new Dayton Binding Posts, and a trick I learned over on AK of glueing some wood blocks for added grip on woofer mounting screws.

These all have created a readily apparent improvement in sound. My second pair of A25's have all the great quailities of my first pair with more "air" on top. Cleaner extended hi's without being harsh or bright. More inner detail to all music. And great bess.

Just may be my favorite speaker overall.

Here are some pics:

IMGP9136.jpg

IMGP9130.jpg

IMGP9167.jpg

IMGP9154.jpg

IMGP9162.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They look nice. What are the bypass caps supposed to do? Arethey in parallel with the Solens? Did you use 5.1s?

This is my second pair of A25's. Decided to try some additional mods while recapping and replacing bad woofer. I recapped ussing Solens caps but also added some nice Russian Millitary .047 PIO bypass caps, new Dayton Binding Posts, and a trick I learned over on AK of glueing some wood blocks for added grip on woofer mounting screws.

These all have created a readily apparent improvement in sound. My second pair of A25's have all the great quailities of my first pair with more "air" on top. Cleaner extended hi's without being harsh or bright. More inner detail to all music. And great bess.

Just may be my favorite speaker overall.

Here are some pics:

IMGP9136.jpg

IMGP9130.jpg

IMGP9167.jpg

IMGP9154.jpg

IMGP9162.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived