Model Five Volume??????????

Guest luke wolfe

Hi Luke and welcome

According to the M Five ad in the Library, the outside dimensions are 26 x 13.75 x 11.5 inches, and they are made of ¾” plywood. Assuming the front beveled frame protrudes about ½”, that should give you internal dimensions of 24.5 x 12.25 x 9.5. If I'm doing the math right that should be about 1.65 cu ft

Kent

Hi Luke and welcome

According to the M Five ad in the Library, the outside dimensions are 26 x 13.75 x 11.5 inches, and they are made of ¾” plywood. Assuming the front beveled frame protrudes about ½”, that should give you internal dimensions of 24.5 x 12.25 x 9.5. If I'm doing the math right that should be about 1.65 cu ft

Kent

Hi Kent;

First time I've been on this site for a long time.

I believe that the internal mid range driver's wooden enclosure, same as the KLH Twelves, will need to be calculated as well, to split hairs a bit.

I have not seen the inside of either enclosure.

There may or may not be corner or cabinet bracing, reducing internal volume even slightly more.

I am assuming that someone is going to try to make up a pair of similar enclosures.

It would be nice if a draftsperson were to draw up each of the enclosures.

Vern

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Vern

Have not been inside the Fives in a while but I don't recall the enclosure.

Kent

Hi Kent;

I have never seen the inside of a pair of KLH Fives or Twelves.

I was reading the two KLH Twelves brochures in the library and it said that the mids are in a sub enclosure.

I can't remember if they use a separate cup type chamber or a dual wooden sealed chamber.

I am certain it will be something simple and inexpensive such as a cardboard fibrous cup or ?

I do not imagine that they used different sub-enclosures for each model speaker but you never know.

My thoughts are that a wooden sub-enclosure would be more expensive to make and mount inside.

I digress but the KLH Twelves cabinets are made of 1" plywood.

Vern

Archived