KLH MODEL SEVENTEEN QUESTIONS

Guest Jim Collins

Guest Jim Collins

I am in the process of restoring a pair of KLH 17s' and I have some questions.

Are the woofers considered 10", and what is a good DCR reading for the tweeters,one measures 4.6 and the other measures 4.2? The woofers measure 5.9 and 6.0. Also if someone has a crossover schematic it would be helpful as well.Thanks.

Jim

I am in the process of restoring a pair of KLH 17s' and I have some questions.

Are the woofers considered 10", and what is a good DCR reading for the tweeters,one measures 4.6 and the other measures 4.2? The woofers measure 5.9 and 6.0. Also if someone has a crossover schematic it would be helpful as well.Thanks.

Jim

Hi Jim

The 17 and 20 used the same xo. There has been a lot of discussion about them here. DEFINITELY replace the caps--they are terrible and prone to meltdown! You will need two 2uF and one 8uF per speaker. Mylar or poly. A value of +/- 10% is fine. Resistors and switches are probably still good.

Good luck.

Kent

post-101828-1240227932.jpg

Guest Jim Collins
Hi Jim

The 17 and 20 used the same xo. There has been a lot of discussion about them here. DEFINITELY replace the caps--they are terrible and prone to meltdown! You will need two 2uF and one 8uF per speaker. Mylar or poly. A value of +/- 10% is fine. Resistors and switches are probably still good.

Good luck.

Kent

Thanks Kent, we don't want a meldown! Is 4.2 within spec for that tweeter?

Jim

Archived