Concise Family and Model Descriptions

Please reply to this thread if you have thoughts on family and model descriptions for the Library.

I think first we need to determine what the elements of a concise description are - e.g. years of manufacture, basic technical specifications, original MSRP, etc.

I know I've seen plenty of excellent descriptions of AR families and models from Steve F, Tom, and others. The challenge I think will be locating all of them and pruning them to fit in the Library family and model headers.

Jean-Paul has graciously offered to help build the neglected Advent area and I have an idea of who can help me with the Cizek section. ;)

If anyone wants to assist with the other manufacturers, let me know.

Mark

Please reply to this thread if you have thoughts on family and model descriptions for the Library.

I think first we need to determine what the elements of a concise description are - e.g. years of manufacture, basic technical specifications, original MSRP, etc.

I know I've seen plenty of excellent descriptions of AR families and models from Steve F, Tom, and others. The challenge I think will be locating all of them and pruning them to fit in the Library family and model headers.

Jean-Paul has graciously offered to help build the neglected Advent area and I have an idea of who can help me with the Cizek section. :(

If anyone wants to assist with the other manufacturers, let me know.

Mark

A couple of months ago, I dug through the AR and KLH forums and libraries, and (re)compiled lists. I posted the updated AR list here a while back. The KLH list is on my web site here. That basically cleaned up a few errors on the already-existing AR list and extended the KLH list a bit (up to the mid-80s). Corrections are certainly welcome, and others are also welcome to maintain the list(s) if they'd like. They aren't 100% accurate yet.

Archived