AR-2a level controls...

genek

Just grabbed this off that auction site (I'm not bidding on them). It's a pair of AR-2a alnico magnet woofers with crossovers. Check out those level controls. Do those look like they might be L-pads?

post-102742-1222731990.jpeg

they are not AR Polak pots. Nor are the coils AR... AR never mounted a coil with a steel screw and a wooden washer! They used an aluminum post with a rectangular steel push nut.

cheers,

they are not AR Polak pots. Nor are the coils AR... AR never mounted a coil with a steel screw and a wooden washer! They used an aluminum post with a rectangular steel push nut.

My first thought, based on the apparent age of the components, was that this might be the world's oldest aftermarket rebuild of an AR crossover, but if so whoever did it managed to avoid leaving any marks at all on the crossover boards. Curious.

• 9 years later...

Risposta molto tarda, ma i crossover e le pentole sono quelli dei diffusori Heathkit AS-2A, stessi diffusori (bassi, medi e alti) della contemporanea AR2a, ho entrambe le coppie e ho smontato entrambi, tra le altre cose anche i cappucci se diversi hanno gli stessi valori, i piatti sono 15 ohm (codice sul mio: B11-32 15 ohm, 6306 data di produzione), sono disponibili anche molte foto delle pentole smontate!
Ciao

Archived