Value of the New-Style (Kentucky) Allison: Ones

tysontom

Help! If anyone has seen on eBay, or can give me the value of a pair of mint-condition, used Cherry-finish new-style Allison: Ones (built in Kentucky), I would be most grateful. The designer himself, Roy Allison, has a pair he wants to sell, but he has no idea what they are worth. I believe these speakers retailed for $5K or so, but I think they were heavily discounted, maybe to the tune of $2500-3000 for a new pair near the end of production.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Tom Tyson

i have a brochure but it doesnt include the list price, but if memory serves, a pair went for $3500 new. being this is Roy's personal pair i would think that any fan that could afford them would gladly pay $5000 or more, at least i would. i heard a pair of these about a year before i found my AR9's and the Allison I left a lasting impression on me that has only been surpassed when i heard a pair of B&W Nautilus flagship racing snails ($40,000 retail).

i have a brochure but it doesnt include the list price, but if memory serves, a pair went for $3500 new. being this is Roy's personal pair i would think that any fan that could afford them would gladly pay $5000 or more, at least i would. i heard a pair of these about a year before i found my AR9's and the Allison I left a lasting impression on me that has only been surpassed when i heard a pair of B&W Nautilus flagship racing snails ($40,000 retail).

dingus,

Do I understand you properly that you would be willing to pay $5000 for Roy Allison's personal Allison: Ones (above)? Let me know, and I will contact him right away.

Thanks,

--Tom Tyson

dingus,

Do I understand you properly that you would be willing to pay $5000 for Roy Allison's personal Allison: Ones (above)? Let me know, and I will contact him right away.

Thanks,

--Tom Tyson

oops sorry about that , i should have made myself more clear. i cant afford them, but if i could, then i would gladly pay $5000 or more for them, and i would think that any fan of Allison speakers would feel the same.

oops sorry about that , i should have made myself more clear. i cant afford them, but if i could, then i would gladly pay $5000 or more for them, and i would think that any fan of Allison speakers would feel the same.

dingus,

Thanks for your clarification. I thought that was what you meant. $5,000 is probably a bit much for a used pair, but I'm thinking that a mint pair should bring closer to $1000-1500 realistically. No one seems to know the true value of these speakers, so I guess it will be one of those "what-the-traffic-will-bear" things.

--Tom Tyson

Hi Tom,

That's a tough one. I'm not sure if the factory discounted them or not. The dealers definitely did as the company went under. If they were selected, tested, tweaked or whatever by Roy Allison it could help the value. Also, if Roy were to give a signed certificate that could help the value.

As I recall the first 100 pairs were offered as signature models, to be signed by Roy. Not sure how that played out though.

You could list them on Audiogon.com for $3k or so with best offer (possibly AK too?)

The best as I recall for classic A:Ones on Ebay is $1200 for a near mint pair with boxes and paperwork. New ones should go for more! IMO

I recall a new pair of Fours going for $1~1.5k.

Let us know what happens?

Joe K

• 2 weeks later...

Archived