KLH Model 17 Tweeters

Guest Sal Brisindi

Guest Sal Brisindi

Hi,

I recently won a pair of tweeters where the seller claimed they came from a pair of Model 17's. When they arrived, I measured them and they are 4 ohm tweeters instead of 8 ohms. Can I use them in my model 17's ( I know they will work, but the crossover frequency response might not be where it should. What should I modify (crossover) or should I wait for a pair of 8 ohm tweeters?

Regards,

Sal

Hi Sal

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here, so search thru the KLH posts, but if I am not mistaken the Model 17 and Model 20 were virtually identical. The 17 was 8 ohm and the 20 was 4 ohm. BUT the tweeters were the same--just the woofers were different. It was recently pointed out that AR did the same thing. On the used market, 4 ohm tweets were cheap and 8 ohm tweets were expensive (or the other way 'round), until someone actually measured them.

If you still have questions, I'll pull the tweets from my 17s and measure them. I'd rather not, so do that search.

Kent

Guest Sal Brisindi

Hi Kent,

Thank you for the info, I will do a search on model 17 tweeters to see if I can find the post you are referring to. I appreciate your offer to check your tweeters but no need for that.

Thanks!

Sal

Archived