Treating Cloth surrounds on KLH Speakers

Guest Sal Brisindi

Guest Sal Brisindi

Did anyone ever try liquid electric tape to treat KLH surrounds? I read somewhere it dries flexible so it would work great for the cloth surrounds. Maybe a trip to home depot is in order for me to try out.

Sal

Did anyone ever try liquid electric tape to treat KLH surrounds? I read somewhere it dries flexible so it would work great for the cloth surrounds. Maybe a trip to home depot is in order for me to try out.

Sal

I'm not aware of anyone posting about liquid electric tape for surrounds. What I am aware of that has been posted here in the AR area is liquid Permatex sealant available at your local auto parts supply store. I have tried and tested it by accellerated ageing in an oven with good results. Other sealants like Aileen's works well at first but stiffens over time and doesn't past the test of time.

I suggest you try your liquid electric tape on a woofer that isn't critical to you. After application, put it under a heat lamp or treat with a hot air gun to simulate the effect of ageing. Let us know how you make out. Alternatives to the now proven Permatex sealant are always welcome.

Guest Sal Brisindi

Carl,

I know Permatex smells kind of bad, I have used it while working on cars. Does the smell go away when it dries on the cloth surrounds?

Sal

Archived