AR drawings in library

Is it just me? Trying to access the drawings on this page:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...r_drawings.html

doesn't work. It appears all the links point to something like:

"file:///Users/dreadnought/Documents/Parallels%20Shared%20Folder/Temp076.tif", and nothing happens when you click on any of them.

Thanks!

Is it just me? Trying to access the drawings on this page:

doesn't work. It appears all the links point to something like:

"file:///Users/dreadnought/Documents/Parallels%20Shared%20Folder/Temp076.tif", and nothing happens when you click on any of them.

Thanks!

I'm killing that temporary page now. Getting the AR drawings online has been much more difficult than I initially thought. I'm getting some help on this now to create some custom code to properly display all the metadata and the links to each drawing.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
I'm killing that temporary page now. Getting the AR drawings online has been much more difficult than I initially thought. I'm getting some help on this now to create some custom code to properly display all the metadata and the links to each drawing.

Mark

If all goes well, the AR drawings will be up this weekend.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Mark, long weekend :(

Seriously, any progress with the prints?

-Tom

Here's the current link:

I'm not sure yet if this will be the final format... I would prefer to embed the Flash applet in the page rather than linking to it, but don't know how to do that at this point. Thanks to Ken Kantor for saving these drawings, and Ryan Andrews from AssureMind (randrews@assuremind.com) for his assistance with the Flash applet.

Mark

Here's the current link:

I'm not sure yet if this will be the final format... I would prefer to embed the Flash applet in the page rather than linking to it, but don't know how to do that at this point. Thanks to Ken Kantor for saving these drawings, and Ryan Andrews from AssureMind (randrews@assuremind.com) for his assistance with the Flash applet.

Mark

Thanks Mark for all your efforts in making these historic drawings visible. These are large files indeed (.tiffs). Once visible, many aren't readable in their full view. I can't zoom or print from my AOL browser. Can anything be done about this?

Cheers,

Thanks Mark for all your efforts in making these historic drawings visible. These are large files indeed (.tiffs). Once visible, many aren't readable in their full view. I can't zoom or print from my AOL browser. Can anything be done about this?

Cheers,

Hi Carl,

I would recommend using a different browser or saving the images out and using a more robust viewer.

Mark

Hi Carl,

I would recommend using a different browser or saving the images out and using a more robust viewer.

Mark

Hi Mark. I tried Windows Internet Explorer with the same result except I did have the ability to zoom in and read things better. Files are downloaded using Quicktime player software. Those .tiff files have great resulution but must be huge and taking up a sizable chuck of your server storage. Any chance they could be reformated to .pdf files which could be saveable and take up much less space?

Also tried Mozilla Firefox browser. Wouldn't download at all.

Is anybody else having the same problems as I? Can't print or save .tiff drawings.

Hi Mark,

I appreciate that you've put a lot of valuable time and effort into making the AR Drawings available—excellent work. The high resolution files represent superb archive documents. Since you encourage us to contribute corrections, here are a few observations: I've noticed that some of the files I viewed are misnamed (metadata mashup!), and a couple are missing their descriptions entirely:

070 - not Assembly Number 210084/38: is 210034/38

071 - missing description: is AR-9LS, Cabinet (sheet 2 of 2)

111 - missing description: is AR-LST-2, System Assembly (sheet 2 of 2)

160 - not 10in. Woofer: is 1-1/2-in. Mid-Range (200032)

241 - missing description: is 3/4-in. HR, Voice Coil

216 - not Adhesive: is Back Plate & Pole Piece

217 - not 1-1/2-in MidR: is Barkers Black Adhesive (for leads to cone)

339 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Note: file is essentially identical to 390, take offline?)

340 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Has specific inf. relating to surface finish)

341 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Essentially identical to 388, take offline?)

342 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Essentially identical to 389, take offline?)

365 - not AR-92: is AR-925

387 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

388 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

389 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

390 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

430 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, System Assembly

431 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, System Assembly

433 - not AR-92: is AR-925

434 - not AR-92: is AR-925

. . . .

I'm not sure yet if this will be the final format...

Mark

One disadvantage with the present Flash applet is that (local browser driven) text searches within the index page do not appear to work.

Would it be possible for the index to have a column showing the file name of each drawing (AR-Drawingxxx.xxx)? This would perhaps make referencing and implementing corrections more simple, and could also allow for future choice of image format and/or resolution.

With a project of this nature, it's inevitably a case of "from the general to the particular", what begins well ends well!

Robert_S

• 3 months later...
Hi Mark. I tried Windows Internet Explorer with the same result except I did have the ability to zoom in and read things better. Files are downloaded using Quicktime player software. Those .tiff files have great resulution but must be huge and taking up a sizable chuck of your server storage. Any chance they could be reformated to .pdf files which could be saveable and take up much less space?

Also tried Mozilla Firefox browser. Wouldn't download at all.

Is anybody else having the same problems as I? Can't print or save .tiff drawings.

I use Firefox w/o problem.

I also did a conversion from .tif to .pdf. I'm no expert on Acrobat. I just imported the file into it and told it to convert.

A 10 meg .tif compresses to a 9 meg .pdf. Now that's at full resolution, but I'd be hesitant to make bitmaps smaller. They lose detail badly.

• 3 months later...

Hi Robert,

Is this still goofed up? I think it will take me an afternoon to fix.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I appreciate that you've put a lot of valuable time and effort into making the AR Drawings available—excellent work. The high resolution files represent superb archive documents. Since you encourage us to contribute corrections, here are a few observations: I've noticed that some of the files I viewed are misnamed (metadata mashup!), and a couple are missing their descriptions entirely:

070 - not Assembly Number 210084/38: is 210034/38

071 - missing description: is AR-9LS, Cabinet (sheet 2 of 2)

111 - missing description: is AR-LST-2, System Assembly (sheet 2 of 2)

160 - not 10in. Woofer: is 1-1/2-in. Mid-Range (200032)

241 - missing description: is 3/4-in. HR, Voice Coil

216 - not Adhesive: is Back Plate & Pole Piece

217 - not 1-1/2-in MidR: is Barkers Black Adhesive (for leads to cone)

339 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Note: file is essentially identical to 390, take offline?)

340 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Has specific inf. relating to surface finish)

341 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Essentially identical to 388, take offline?)

342 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Vinyl, Cabinet (Essentially identical to 389, take offline?)

365 - not AR-92: is AR-925

387 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

388 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

389 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

390 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, Cabinet

430 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, System Assembly

431 - not AR-91: is AR-915 Veneer, System Assembly

433 - not AR-92: is AR-925

434 - not AR-92: is AR-925

. . . .

One disadvantage with the present Flash applet is that (local browser driven) text searches within the index page do not appear to work.

Would it be possible for the index to have a column showing the file name of each drawing (AR-Drawingxxx.xxx)? This would perhaps make referencing and implementing corrections more simple, and could also allow for future choice of image format and/or resolution.

With a project of this nature, it's inevitably a case of "from the general to the particular", what begins well ends well!

Robert_S

Archived