Wall mounting Allison: Fours

JKent

Some of our friends on the Yahoo! Allison forum are asking about the wall mount instructions. Here it is:

Kent

post-101828-1207242090.jpg

Some of our friends on the Yahoo! Allison forum are asking about the wall mount instructions. Here it is:

Kent

Hi Kent;

Thank you for posting that piece of information, Kent.

I would not mount any speaker on a regular inner wall composed of gyproc or paneling alone.

A solid brick, concrete block or concrete wall will not transmit the bass.

The regular inner house walls will carry the bass if the speakers are mounted directly onto them.

If a plywood or equal shelf is solidly mounted onto a regular wall, then perhaps, rubber backing carpet underlay should be under the speaker and between it and the wall as a vibration limiter.

If the inner wall is well insulated there should not be any trouble.

Only the house exterior walls are usually insulated.

This would be more of a problem with AR 12" woofers and equal bass output speakers than with AR-4X's or AR-7's.

Wall mounting is a quick, get them up, off the floor, solution.

I made plywood brackets for my AR-3A's but did not realize then about the isolation they needed before I tore the brackets off the wall.

These speakers would still be about a foot or so above the floor or at ear level, depending on bass needs and highs dispersion.

I've seen used Bose 901 speaker stands up for sale and they look pretty nice.

Hi Kent;

I did not mention above that the AR-4X's came with wall fastener sets, possibly the AR-4's as well, as did the AR-7's and possibly the AR-6's as well.

My main concern is the deep bass producers mostly.

I was pretty happy with the AR-4X's bass response.

Archived