I picked up a pair of AR28B at the thrift shop today

Guest Jason Miller

Guest Jason Miller

I picked up a pair of AR28B at the thrift shop today for 7 dollars they need new surrounds. I just ordred them on ebay. what is the best way to get the old surrounds off the woofers? the surrounds cost more then the speakers :rolleyes:

I picked up a pair of AR28B at the thrift shop today for 7 dollars they need new surrounds. I just ordred them on ebay. what is the best way to get the old surrounds off the woofers? the surrounds cost more then the speakers :rolleyes:

Congrats! And welcome to CSP! You can find excellent step-by-step instructions on the MSound site, here:

http://www.citlink.net/~msound/refoam/

Guest Jason Miller

thank you! It looks like i have to put alot of care into doing this. does anyone know what kind of power rating these have? my amp is 130 watts rms per channel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jason Miller

My foam repair kit came today. I know this model came out in 1983. the drivers still say made in the usa. when did AR start useing imported drivers? :) I will have to post before and after photos. I feel i did a great job. the old surrounds were on the back side of the cone. I have the new ones glued to the back side of the cone also. It was alot of work cleaning off the old surrounds. it was hard to get to with it being on the back side of the cone.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jason Miller
they sound great but I just posted them on ebay. I want to get a bigger set.

I just picked up a 2nd pair of these I need to refoam them. I also picked up a pair of tsw-410 speakers for free from the same guy. you see how well the last ones turned out. I am now buying my surrounds from https://www.matelectronics.com you can buy the size surrounds this needs for next to nothing. I know the other sizes fit AR speakers.

Archived