Any demand for AR Classic 18's?

Guest alex1138

Guest alex1138

I have a pair of AR Classic 18's that I bought new in the mid 90's. I realize that these aren't really 'Classic' speakers, as they are only a decade old. I would like to sell them soon since I am replacing these floor speakers with in-wall speakers. I have been able to find surprisingly little online about Classic 18s and the others in that line...I can't even find any recorded EBay auctions for them. Are these regarded as low-quality speakers? Does anyone think it would be worth my time to ebay or craigslist them?

Thanks in advance,

--Alex

I believe there are two speakers: the AR-18 (1978-82) and the AR Classic 18 from more recent times. Are both of you discussing the same speaker?

Ebay Item number: 200121626394 shows an AR ad from 1981, featuring the Model 18. Recently-completed ebay Item number: 320186459911 was for a pair of 18s . They are from Teledyne AR. Appear to be vinyl and look like the ones in the '81 AR ad. Good photos in the listing. They (ebay pair) sold for $67.01. But these seem to be "AR-18s" not "AR Classic 18s" There is an AR Classic series brochure in the Library, here:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library...assic_brochure/

Kent

Archived