AR-1 selling price record?

dynaco_dan

i missed it. that was fast did anyone save a pic?

Hi there;

I saved the photos from when they were listed the first time.

One must remember that on top of the final $3,500.00 is the approximate $500.00+ shipping and handling charge.

Hope they don't arrive as firewood.

Hi there;

I saved the photos from when they were listed the first time.

One must remember that on top of the final $3,500.00 is the approximate $500.00+ shipping and handling charge.

Hope they don't arrive as firewood.

Asians seem to love our good ol' Made-in-USA vintage hi-fi! I've sold a couple of things to buyers in Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan, but never anything this big or expensive! Here is that photo of the Ones. They do look nice! Check out Item number: 290188387696 if you want to see more photos.

thanks, those do look nice. pricey though. too bad serials weren't listed as said before.

Did you look at the listing? Serial numbers were listed clearly: 15008 & 15009

Guest dat521gatherer

yeah i missed the first auction then i searched last night for the relist but it seems i'm usually a day late and a dollar short when it comes to ebay and craigslist listings.. i even tried googling it cause sometimes google has auctions that have ended. ur wait can't you view ended listings even if they are not on your watch list? i'll take another look.

but more to the point i suppose if i was a millionaire it wouldn't matter but i would still expect them to be dipped in gold or hand signed or something unique. i saw a beat up ar 1 orphan go for a few hundred many moons ago. what's the going rate for a nice pair like that anyway?

btw i like this new board it looks great :blink:

Guest Speaker_Dude
Those AR-1's are being listed AGAIN !!

Hey all, I'm the one with the AR-1's. The first listing ($3000) was sold within about an hour after it was listed to a Korean buyer with some very questionable feedback; after seeing that feedback (after the auction) we required that he pay within 48 hours. No response from him whatsoever after that, though he did email beforehand looking for a shipping quote (he hit Buy it Now before we returned his reply, though the overseas cost was in the ad). He said he was a dealer in Korea and had a buyer on his end, we speculated that he was simply tying up the AR's until he could sell them on his end. Never heard from him again, left him a neg and a pending NPB dispute with eBay as a result.

The next buyer submitted an offer of $3600 (relisted at $4000) which was automatically approved via our preset terms. Never heard another word from the guy, this one from Taiwan. He had a feedback history of doing that in the past; buying then failing to follow up. We negged and NPB'd him as well and then relisted a THIRD time.

This time a California buyer submitted an offer of $3300 which we approved. Payment has not yet been received though he said it was going to be mailed on Tuesday.... The buyer has excellent feedback (600+).

If this deal goes sour we'll list again, this time maybe at $5000 (might as well....). Apparently the weak dollar is fueling these purchases for buyers where cost is obviously not an object. I personally would like to see these stay in the USA; where are the USA buyers when it comes to stepping up?

I was wondering if this was some type of record. We had a set of LST's bring $2200 a while back, have seen other AR-1's in the $2500 range. Let's hope this buyer follows through and actually PAYS for his purchase this time around!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Speaker_Dude

Merry Christmas AR fans!

Just a footnote, the check cleared, the AR-1's have been shipped. Final sale price was $3300.... I spoke with the buyer and he says he's a collector, has several sets of AR-1's in his collection, a Californian.

These pages are always a great help to me. I have a set of AR-3a's and 2ax's if I recall correctly, the 3's have mismatched woofers so they may be parted out rather than sold whole. The boxes are nice though, great labels, close numbers if I recall.

Happy holidays to everyone, God bless!!

Ron

Guest speedracer
Merry Christmas AR fans!

Just a footnote, the check cleared, the AR-1's have been shipped. Final sale price was $3300.... I spoke with the buyer and he says he's a collector, has several sets of AR-1's in his collection, a Californian.

These pages are always a great help to me. I have a set of AR-3a's and 2ax's if I recall correctly, the 3's have mismatched woofers so they may be parted out rather than sold whole. The boxes are nice though, great labels, close numbers if I recall.

Happy holidays to everyone, God bless!!

Ron

I'm glad to see they stayed "In Country" at least. Please try and sell those others whole before parting them out and destroying them. (Just my opinion.)

Archived