Genesis 10/110/210

Guest Scorpion8

Guest Scorpion8

Back when I was in college in State College, PA at Penn State (78-83), these Genesis speakers were some of the best sellers, especially with Technics or Yamaha receiver based systems. Yet it seems like I don't see them around much anymore. Does anyone know how many or how well a seller this line was? And more importantly, a source for the green foam surrounds?

I know I'd love to find a pair of these, but pickings are slim in my neck of the woods.

• 1 month later...

>Back when I was in college in State College, PA at Penn State

>(78-83), these Genesis speakers were some of the best sellers,

>especially with Technics or Yamaha receiver based systems.

>Yet it seems like I don't see them around much anymore. Does

>anyone know how many or how well a seller this line was?

>And more importantly, a source for the green foam surrounds?

>

>I know I'd love to find a pair of these, but pickings are slim

>in my neck of the woods.

You might want to build your own, you can get a cabinet from Parts Express:

http://www.humanspeakers.com/diy/81.htm

I've not heard or seen these so you might want to do some research.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest denmarkdrivers

I have some old genesis with green surrounds, i belive they were pretty big sellers, good detail in highs for the price, not the best mids and bass. I thought they were decent on lp very effciant in the highs and thats where the thrill of them end for me, allthough i know one person who swears by them, guess its party a matter of taste.

• 6 months later...
Guest Scorpion8
I have some old genesis with green surrounds, i belive they were pretty big sellers, good detail in highs for the price, not the best mids and bass. I thought they were decent on lp very effciant in the highs and thats where the thrill of them end for me, allthough i know one person who swears by them, guess its party a matter of taste.

Which model do you have? Can you post some pics?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I fortunately stumbled across this site while searching for information on Genesis Physics speakers.

Recently I rescued a pair of Model 10s in a fairly pityful state from their former owner who was tossing them out along with several other vintage audio equipment. of course I brought them home much to the disgust of my wife <_<

This is what I have done so far:

1. Removed and tested the 2 tweeters and woofer for continuity - they work!

2. The woofer surrounds were completly gone. Carefully removed the rotten foam and previous adhesive.

3. Refoamed the woofer with new 8" surrounds from matelectronics.

4. Cabinet thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned and very lightly sanded with 200 grade paper.

5. Polished with Minwax Walnut to restore the original finish.

In process:

6. Recapping the two crossovers

7. Getting new grill cloth from a seller on eBay

Hope they sound good after all this :)

Will post pics soon.

Rgds

Mayank

• 3 months later...
Guest Scorpion8
Dont let the slow traffic here stop ya, I'll be happy to look at some rescued Genesis speakers!

Me too. Show us your handiwork when done. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Guest walterwas
Back when I was in college in State College, PA at Penn State (78-83), these Genesis speakers were some of the best sellers, especially with Technics or Yamaha receiver based systems. Yet it seems like I don't see them around much anymore. Does anyone know how many or how well a seller this line was? And more importantly, a source for the green foam surrounds?

I know I'd love to find a pair of these, but pickings are slim in my neck of the woods.

I have a very nice pair of Genesis Physics Corporation model 110 speakers for sale. The surrounds have been professionally replaced, and the inverted domes ore in superb working condition. The crossovers have been tested and all components work perfectly.

The boxes have a few edge scuffs, and the grille cloths have a few small holes..but all in all these are remarkable survivors from a wonderful time in American hi-fi.

I'd sell them for $175 plus $25 for shipping.

Throw in 3% more if you'd like to use paypal.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

sorry i use dynaco A25's now, i still have the genesis but the green foam surrounds are shot the drivers have been replaced with boston acoustic i think. I was making a audio judgement on them when i had them hooked up many years ago. they are at my friends house right now letting him barrow them. I can show some other pics of gear i like if your interested otherwise ill have to snap a shot of them at my friends house.

sorry they are at my friends and the woofers have been replaced with boston acustic woofers, I'll try to take a shoot of them next time i'm at my friends, my denmark drivers post was a judgement i made about them years back when the woofers were original. I use dynaco A25's now, A little more work to find a good pair but well worth it. I'll try to snap a shot of them next time i'm at my friends.

• 4 years later...

I have recently acquired a pair of Genesis Physics 320 speakers.  They feature an inverted dome tweeter, a 4.5 inch midrange and 2 8 inch woofers, original L200B....both the midranges and 8's needed new surrounds.  It was my Leap Day project this year.   They are all done, played 2 LP's and now playing 5 Cd's on a Sony 5 disc CD changer....excellent detailed highs and tight bass.

Archived