Allison 4 & 6's

Guest ost11937

I sold those Fours. They were nearly perfect. ebay Item number: 160169106581. They went for 431, which was fair but they are a bargain at that price. I sold another pair a while back for about the same price. Another pair (not mine) recently went for 355 (Item number: 330170768605). They were not adequately described in the listing, the photos were not of the actual speakers for sale, and they were not even listed as Fours, so the price was lower.

Some Sixes (not CD6) recently went for 159. They had one cracked grille, missing badges and needed refoaming (Item number: 150176589043). I sold a pair of Sixes a while back. I had refoamed them and repaired a couple of holes in the grilles. I think they went for over 200.

The Fours are very desirable, outstanding speakers and demand prices of 400-500, but they are really much better than that. The Sixes are not as popular but sound nearly as good as the Fours and are super bargains. ALL Allisons will need refoaming. I get my kits from M_Sound and recommend them highly. Be sure to check the tweeters to see that they are working and are not pushed in.

You might want to advertise here in the "For Sale" section and see if a fellow CSP Allison enthusiast snaps them up. You can also mention them over at the Yahoo! Allison forum.

Good luck!

Kent

• 1 month later...
Guest maine_man
I was given a pair of Allison 4 & 6's, which I would like to sell. Any idea on the value?? Thanks

I can't help you with the price but when you decide on a price I am interested.

Some nice Fours just sold on ebay for $408 (Item number: 370005333843). Some beat-up CD Sixes failed to sell for $200 (surprise!). It looks like the going price for Fours in good shape is around $400 or so, and they are WELL worth that price! Be advised, the highly-regarded tweeters are no longer available, so if a tweet is fried you may be SOL. Woofers will need refoaming but that's no big deal. The plastic grille covers are often broken or missing, and they are just not available. Cracks and small holes can be fixed with Plas-T-Pair.

Good luck!

Kent

There are some good (not great) Fours on ebay now, and those beat-up CD Sixes with torn woofer cones, missing grilles and chipped cabinets are back, but with a more realistic starting price of $50.

Archived