Your opinion, please.

Guest Audiologist

Guest Audiologist

Hello all: I just acquired a pair of Allison 110 and because the cabinets were in less than keeping condition, I removed the woofers, tweeters, and the connection cups with the crossover mounted on the back. I kept the screws for the speakers/cups also.

I have respect for these drivers because I owned AR speakers, turntables, etc., in the '60s, and I know they are quality. But, frankly, I'm considering auctioning the above on eBay and I'm wondering if it's worth the effort. I know that the audience for them is limited which is why I'm mentioning it to you, lovers of Allison equipment. Can anyone tell me approximately what the above would eventually go for?

When I do place them on eBay, I won't violate the policy here by mentioning where they can be found but I'm sure all interested parties will find them.

With this post I'm looking for information but if it is also a violation, I apologize.

post-102425-1176007378.jpg

post-6-1176007378.jpg

post-6-1176007379.jpg

First, it's not a problem to let people know that equipment is up for sale IMHO. Others in this group have done so. Depending on the condition of the parts, you may do well, as Allison is no longer providing replacement parts. Check www.allisonacoustics.com and click on parts. That will give an idea of what allison was charging for replacements.

Good luck.

Brian

Guest Audiologist

>First, it's not a problem to let people know that equipment

>is up for sale IMHO. Others in this group have done so.

>Depending on the condition of the parts, you may do well, as

>Allison is no longer providing replacement parts. Check

>www.allisonacoustics.com and click on parts. That will give an

>idea of what allison was charging for replacements.

>

>Good luck.

>

>Brian

Thanks for the reassuring reply, Brian, I appreciate it. The speakers will be on eBay starting tomorrow (4/10) night under Allison, of course. Their condition will be described to a "T" and I'm already aware of the comments made by others here about poor packing by other auctioneers. I'm of a different bent and the speakers will be packed as if they were priceless art.

Archived