Advent bug bites again

draftingmonkey

Just picked up a pair of Advent Prodigy Towers today. Geez, 10 days ago I had no Advents and now I have the Prodigy Towers, The "Large" Advent and a pair of Advent/4's. Was lucky enough to pick them all up from the original owners. Good thing I have an understanding wife and spare amps that needed speakers. I guess some weeks are like that.

Lord, have mercy on his soul!

There is no "Adventoholic Anonymous" that I am aware of so feel free to indulge your weakness :^)

Doug (Hello, my name is Doug and I bought three pairs of "The Advent Loudspeaker" within two months - just practicing)

>Just picked up a pair of Advent Prodigy Towers today. Geez,

>10 days ago I had no Advents and now I have the Prodigy

>Towers, The "Large" Advent and a pair of Advent/4's. Was

>lucky enough to pick them all up from the original owners.

>Good thing I have an understanding wife and spare amps that

>needed speakers. I guess some weeks are like that.

Hi James;

Understanding wife.

A real plus.

Buy her flowers now.

Spare amps + extra new speakers = logical choice

Natural flow of justifiable expenditure.

Good choices wife, amps and speakers.

You have it all, James.

Understanding is an understatement. Saturday morning before going to pick up the Prodigy's I found a pair of Sansui SP-1000's at a garage sale. 9 systems (mostly component)and 16 pairs of speakers and 2 project cars doesn't begin to describe understanding. So instead of flowers I picked her up some fossilized ammenonites(sp) as she really is into fossils. It was worth the $80 to keep her happy.

Guest daveshel

And I just picked up my third pair of Advent larges over the weekend. Why? Because they were there.

Actually, I am using the double (stacked) Advents, and my first two pairs were of a slightly different generation. So now I have 2 pairs (of the New Advent Loudsepaker) to stack on the HT (SS) system and another pair (original masonite ring model) for the tube rig in the front room.

Archived