One pair KLH Model 6's up for grabs!

Guest Bankara

Guest Bankara

Greetings all, I came over here to your fine forum via audiokarma looking for some advice as to what to do with a set of low serial # Model 6 speakers. I earned the set in liue of payment for a gig I did for some friends at a recording studio. I got them home only to discover that they were not in working order. I have perused the information available here and have surmised that the problem is probably Capacitor or crossover related but since these are low serial number models the case is epoxied shut. This makes the issue of repair somewhat less attractive to me. Having to cut into the the casing with a saber saw in order to make repairs which I am scarcely qualified to do is a daunting prospect. Plus, in the interim I scored a set of Large Advent Loudspeakers which I love the sound of. So I have one set of non-working KLH Model 6's which I need to get rid of because I am moving across the country in 2 weeks. I can't bear to put them out in the street because I know too much about them now to treat them so callously. I don't have the time/know-how to fix them so I am offering them up to whomever is willing to come and get them. They were free for me but it cost me $15 to get them home in a cab so I would ask only that who ever comes to get them re-imburses me that amount. Someone with the patience and know-how to make these speakers work will likely get years of satisfaction from them.

Some details: I live in lower Manhattan in Greenwich Village. You will want to bring a car as these are quite heavy. This is a first come, first served proposition so whoever is quickest gets them. I will post a new message to this forum when they are gone. Thanks, and good luck!

Bankara

Guest Bankara

OK, screw it! I just need to ge these things outta my house before I move. No money, just gotta come get 'em! Anyone who wants them just leave a message in this thread and I will gladly provide info for pick up. Thanks

Guest Bankara

well, I guess no one weants these so they are going out in the street today. It is raining in NYC today so a resuscitation will be unlikely after this point. Last chance curb alert! They will be sitting on Christopher st between 6th and 7th ave until trash pick up tomorrow.

a sad tale. I guess that's how people find treasures on the curb! Hope your speakers found a new home (other than the landfill)

I was "almost" tempted to contact you, but the drive in to NYC can be daunting. It's not the first 45 miles--it's the adventure of driving in Fun City!

Anyway--sounds like those "friends" took advantage.

Archived