I found a KLH Model Twenty Four, then I found a pair of Model Six Speakers...

Guest Pickles

Guest Pickles

Recently, I went to a thrift store and picked up a mint condition Model Twenty Four turntable for pennies on the dollar, but it didn't have speakers. Today, I went to a yard sale and picked up a mint condition set of Model Six speakers for $30, but I am facing a little bit of a problem.

The Model Twenty Four has RCA style speaker outputs, while the Model Six speakers have the separate positive and negative terminals. Is there any way that I can connect the two?

Any advice would me much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No problem you fortunate one. Find a good electronics store and buy RCA plugs. Or you can find a length of RCA-to-RCA speaker wire at RatShack and cut it in half.

OR...two of these would work fine:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

good luck

I would still keep my eyes open for a pair model 24's because the KLH systems had a contoured output and sound best when matched with the correct speakers. The model 24 put out 40 watts IHF peak music power & the moedel 24 speakers with 8" woofer were designed as a pair. The model 6 speaker is a more robust speaker with it's 10" woofer and would sound best with a more powerful amplifier. Side note; the complete model 24 system sold for $349.95 back in the late 60's...thats about $1000 plus in todays dollars! I have a model 20 system ( see www.antiqueradio.com and see archives March 2006 article I wrote on these systems, it's titled "Kloss Brings Modular HiFi to the Masses") or just googe "KLH Hayden model twenty".

Archived