Model twenty-two

Hello,

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. I have a set of model twenty-two speakers with no drivers; should I find some or invest in a better pair (model 6)? I don't know how these speakers rate. They have RCA inputs. Thanks for any help! Great site by the way.

• 1 month later...

That is interesting Mark! The model twenty speaker appears to be identical to the model seventeen with the exception of the RCA jack instead of the screw clamps that the seventeens have. The model twenty speaker I don't believe was sold as a stand alone; it was part of the KLH model 20 turntable/FM stereo set. I think I will keep my eyes pealed locally for some model sixes (shipping from ebay is too costly). Just my findings, thanks for responding! pete

Find a pair of 6's. I have 17's and 6's. To my ears, the 6 is the better all around speaker. I remember reading SOMEWHERE, that Kloss said the Model 6 was the "First two-way I ever designed, that seemed to get everything right." A whole bunch of people obviously agreed, cause he sold a boatload of them. I have a neurologically impaired 17 year old daughter that can't speak (or do anything for that matter). My original '74 vintage 6's (that I was wise enough to buy in'74) are in her bedroom being driven by an AR Integrated Amp. She smiles from ear to ear when Sesame Street or Disney, OR THE BUDDY RICH BIG BAND comes wailing out of those! Kid KNOWS good sound.

Hey, I just remembered. Where are you locally? One of the navigators GAVE me a pair of 6's not long ago. Cabinets and grilles are kind of trashed, but they are just fine where I'm using them at my office at the squadron. Drivers are just fine. Get near Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike and they're yours. Going to waste in my office rig, and I have about a dozen other things I could stick in there anyway.

Toasted Almond

Thanks for responding Toasted Almond; I'm glad to hear that your daughter is enjoying the sixes! She also good taste in what she is listening to; I loved those themed albums. I appreciate your kind offer, but unfortunately I'm in California. Hopefully you can find a good home for them. pete

Archived