AR9 Serial Numbers

bacatja

Hi All, I have a pair of AR90's & recently bought a pair of reconditioned AR9's which have Consecutive Serial Numbers being 48 and 49,Is this good or not, Where there any changes made to the 9's during the build period from 1978-1982,Any one know how many pairs of the AR9 were built.

Regards Brett...

Congrats on your very fine speakers, Brett.

Technically, consecutive serial numbers for stereo speakers would end with the higher number being even (think about it...).

There were a few changes during the run, including enhancements of the Acoustic Blanket, different logo plates, MDF grill frames became plastic, etc. - to the best of my knowledge, nothing that would make any real difference.

Hi arpro,Thanks for the reply & compliments on the AR9's,"Consecutive" serial numbers might not have been the right word to use, I do agree with the latter number being an even to be consecutive,But the amount of AR pairs I’ve seen can vary greatly, IE: My AR90's are numbered 350 & 355, AR12's 1336 & 1348,And the AR1MS have the same serial number on both being 5076,

Is it possible with the testing process to perform within AR specs at the factory a few speakers could be swapped around to make a perfect sounding pair cause there not within Acoustic Research's tight control parameters.Could this be possible

Regards Brett...

Archived