RE-veneering a re-veneer...

I attempted to do just this in a different post but I was not very Tell me with the pictures or terribly clear about what else looking for help with.

1)  Yes it's clear I've done incredible amount of research and they only came in Walnut doors

2) so the previous owner revenired them with zebra wood and this it's a good job that it's hard to tell that they were reveneered.

3) The biggest question is could have been here over this or what other options would I have?

4). What would be a process to try to get the doors the new veneer on the doors to match the existing Walnut?

5). How would you go about fixing the hinge holes that are sort of come apart.

Thanks for your time.

Scottie

Ps... Anybody have a picture of the original brown foam grills I've got black foam but these are early version and another brown. 

20240305_184910.jpg

20240305_184824.jpg

20240305_184905.jpg

20240305_185019.jpg

20240305_185021.jpg

20240305_185055.jpg

20240305_185057.jpg

I would just look for someone who can cut new doors.

My recollection is that the 10pi's doors were solid walnut, but the blackend edges of your doors look more like particle board. Are you sure they're the original doors?

15 hours ago, genek said:

I would just look for someone who can cut new doors.

My recollection is that the 10pi's doors were solid walnut, but the blackend edges of your doors look more like particle board. Are you sure they're the original doors?

No, I'm not sure they're original.  Only that badging on the inside of the doors appears to be.

That would answer a lot of questions actually.  I never realized the doors would be solid.  Great suggestion. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, scottie munoz said:

No, I'm not sure they're original.  Only that badging on the inside of the doors appears to be.

That would answer a lot of questions actually.  I never realized the doors would be solid.  Great suggestion. Thanks! 

Do the backs look like this, with the recess, magentic latch washer and handle scoopout?

image.jpeg