Zaph Hi-Vi B3S single driver BlueTooth speaker

I've made a few of the Zaph Audio Hi-Vi B3 speakers before. I use the B3N because it looks better. Here's my first effort https://community.classicspeakerpages.net/topic/8473-polk-psw-200-auto-parts-store-resto-zaph-satellites/#comment-104142I also made a pair to use as surround speakers in my HT. But I had one cabinet left over. What to do with that?

Recently I built my first BlueTooth speaker, written up here: https://community.classicspeakerpages.net/topic/20094-bluetooth-mini-guitar-amp/.  So it seemed logical to make a single Zaph speaker as a BlueTooth.

Cabinet is solid oak. Rear panel is Masonite. Driver is a B3N. BT amp board, Battery board, LED kit, cable kit, DC power supply are all from PE just like the "guitar amp" speaker. I put a grille on this to protect the driver but the ones from PE interfered with the surround so I found some on Amazon that work.

Filter network was built on a small breadboard. These were all parts from my parts bins:

• 2 Dayton resistors (30 ohm, 8 ohm)
  • 4.3uF made up of a 2.7 and 1.5 (I figure 4.2 is close enough)
  • 0.08mH inductor is a 1.0 unwound to 0.08, the 0.8mH is a spare part of unknown origin.

On the back panel there are the volume control with a salvaged knob, on/off switch, Aux in, green BT reset button, Red charging LED and socket for the power supply.

I think the Zaph design sounds great. I have a couple of commercial BT speakers that I use outside in the summer but this one sounds far superior IMHO.

Zaph BT 00010.jpg

Zaph BT Back Plate 00002.jpg

Zaph BT XO Front 00001.jpg