AR3a

Longplay33

On 10/16/2023 at 12:46 PM, RickB said:

They also could be corroded-very normal on these. Are these new to you and have you downloaded the AR3a restoration guide. It should explain a lot of what is going on with the speakers.

No question about it... At the very least the controls' wiping surfaces are tarnished resulting in intermittent contact. More likely, they are corroded.

Roy

Screenshot_20231014_161834_Facebook.thumb.jpg.962df35d495192183d8c85acbaf69dab.jpgThanks everybody , I just brought a pair of raw wood ar3a from a relative of the orginal owner. The serial numbers are 17,003 and 17,028. All the speakers look orginal except the grill cloths have been changed. They sound very nice to me and I was told classical was played through them. The only flaw I have found is when turning the pots on the rear the tweets and mids cut on and off as I turn them. I am able to get all the speakers to play at once and have left them there. I would like to change the grill cloths back to look original if anybody knows where I can purchase something very close looking. I have downloaded the restore document which appears to cover everything ! Thanks for all your support, it's a relief to have your backing.