ADD era speaker drop. Foam grilles for you, foam grilles for everybody.

scottie munoz

Moderator I don't know that this  belongs in the the wanted section or not. Please don't hold it against me if you need to move it I understand

but if you can keep it here where maybe it'll be seen more, i'd appreciate it...but again I'tsbe your call..many apologies.

I'm back after a very long bout with the sickness.  Truth is I've been very sick for some time (18 months)

Up till 8months ago, I sold 3-5 500-700+ sets a month, 80% through 4 consignment shops here in Detroit that all went out of business for some time since covid so back to the auction site I go.

God I hate that place but I was good at it when I was there 5 years ago. I already started most of these but I decided I'm going to drop my 10pi, ar 11 12 14 15 + 18 (I got a pair of 16 xo, but no dice)..all at once something I did similarly 13 years ago and I got some pretty decent attention out of it which I needed considering it was pretty good refurb work.

1)***One question that keeps nagging at me my 10π's..my set of 11s set of 12, and 14's all are  brass badge first-run Edition. Did I smoke too much that night??? Because  I remember I read somewhere I thought that the Early Edition with a brass badge just had a brown foam.  I can't find any evidence of it.  I believe that I can't sleep with pretty much certain to eat all the images that I've seen none of these four speakers in the early Incarnation with the brassbadges had any sort of other Insignia on the baffles, no pictures I've seen show that what does it mean a lot what is the public consensus as I'm fairly strictly an originalist who doesn't want to refurbish something that didn't exist. 

2.xxxxDid the brass badges versions have Brown foam? is that correct? I jump you lots of Hoops and circles to be as original as humanly possible if I screw that part up I never forgive myself nor will my pocketbook because the truth is I'm dropping all these speakers at once that I've been working on and off for the last 2 years that I've been sick because I have no choice I bring a half my family's income and I haven't brought anything in for 5 months a lot of work I got 40 some speakers in my shop ready to go that's got to do the work only less couple weeks ago I felt like a reasonable human being.

If you're interested in going in on me to order some real foam reproduction grills for the speakers, im plscing a large order. I was told You can do brown or black doesn't cost any more that is unless I'm crazy and I never read that Brown foam was a thing which I'm beginning to think.

I'm going to give it more or less the week before I finalize the order.  I'm sorry please let me know if anyone is interested again I'm not trying to be a middleman or have you worried about me handling your money or getting them to you correctly sounds like I can talk this fella into handling that side of it where you can pay him directly whatever the rate depending on how many we buy...he did tell me that he'd much preferred to do up to the 20 or 30 so I got to imagine we'd get them less than Larry sells those fabric ones for.

**** can anyone confirm or deny did the only the Early Edition with the brass badges have the peerless tweeters or did they switch to making ain house tweeters also known as copies haha before they went to the second edition,?

**** essentially most all of the sets I've mentioned are more or less complete however with the ar-12...as I normally do piecemeal all drivers together in crossovers I have everything but the cabs.  I am  not going to spend for $500 on cabs alone however since the 11 12 and 14 identical and I was a woodworker before I got into speakers, a very awesome either make my own clone cabinets or in this case I would just make a new baffle clones to look like they are 12 baffles .... hopefully I can find another 14 11 or 12 single cab, or if anyone has a set of any of the above cabs, I would greatly donate a lot and trade

Scottie Muñoz

Edited by scottie munoz
Grammar

On 6/18/2022 at 6:12 AM, scottie munoz said:

Did the brass badges versions have Brown foam?

I can't tell you when AR switched from dark brown to charcoal black grilles.  I have a pair of AR-11A's & a pair of AR-11B's, both of which originally came with dark brown foam grilles.  I also have a pair of AR-14's & a pair of AR-15's that both have charcoal black grilles.  I know that the AR-11A's were originally purchased in 1977 and I purchased the AR-14's in 1979, but I don't know the original purchase date for the AR-11B's or AR-15's.

I appreciate the offer to go in on a pair of new grilles, but I already have a pair of back up grilles.  I picked up a good used pair on eBay a few years back, which happen to be charcoal black in color. 

1438897459_AR-11AR-14Grilles.jpg.026984e2e07e8a6e5d6d934b2a5aaab2.jpg

AR-14 & AR-15 Charcoal Black Grilles                                     AR-11A & AR-11B Dark Brown Grilles