AR-2ax repair questions

AllHailThePan

I’m trying to fix a set of AR-2axs that had a bad surround job done on it and it had silicone all over the cone that was actually patching up a tear.  So I was wondering were I could find either replacement cone parts that are in this style or a replacement square sub     

Any tips or parts to make it as close to original as possible would be very appreciated 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to CSP

You have options:

• If you can get the silicone off without damaging the paper the right way to patch a tear is to tear a piece of coffee filter paper or lens cleaning paper and glue it to the back of the cone using Aleene's Tacky Glue (or other white glue).
  • Ebay usually has used parts.
  • You could send the woofer to Bill LeGall at Millersound in PA to have it reconed. In that case best bet would be to send him both woofers and have him recone and refoam both.

Other members may have other suggestions. Those are the European version of the 2ax and if you're on the other side of the pond your options may be limited.

Kent

• 1 year later...